ICAS Digital Technologies assesses skills and knowledge in the areas of:
- Graphics and multimedia
- Internet use and email programs
- Networks and other communications systems
- Operating systems and computer hardware
- Programming (papers G and H only)
- Word processing
The papers cover content on:
- Digital Systems including hardware and software, operating systems, cloud computing and data representation.
- Basic and advanced operations and formatting in word processing, use of tables, style sheets, animations and referencing.
- Presentations, integrated multimedia and data visualisation.
- Use of search engines, emails, web design, social media, online collaborative projects and applying social and ethical protocols and practices in the use of digital technologies.
- Use of operations to maintain and manage data and databases.
- Programming principles and concepts which includes block-based coding, flowcharts, sequence, loops, pseudocode, algorithms and desk checking.
To find out more about the areas assessed, download a PDF copy of the ICAS Digital Technologies assessment framework.
|Paper||Breakdown of Questions||Test Duration|
|A||30 multiple choice||30 minutes|
|B||30 multiple choice||30 minutes|
|C||35 multiple choice||35 minutes|
|D||35 multiple choice||35 minutes|
|E||40 multiple choice||40 minutes|
|F||40 multiple choice||40 minutes|
|G||45 multiple choice||45 minutes|
|H||45 multiple choice||45 minutes|